The 10th Annual Ellensburg Film Festival is now accepting submissions for the 2014 Festival. Films selected from those submitted will be screened during the three days of the festival October 3 - 5, 2014.
For 2014, we are once again accepting all film festival submissions online through Withoutabox: https://www.withoutabox.com/login/4385.
- Feature Film
- Short Subject
Experimental work can be submitted in any of the above categories and will be considered as long as it can be presented in a traditional "movie house" format.
"Feature" is any film over forty minutes total running time. "Short" is anything under forty minutes.
Fees and Deadlines
Fees and deadlines for 2014 film festival submissions are as follows:
|Deadline||Date||Standard Fee||Withoutabox Fee|
|Earlybird||March 15, 2014||$30||$25|
|Regular||April 30, 2014||$45||$40|
|Late||May 15, 2014||$55||$50|
|WAB Extended||June 30, 2014||$65||$50|
Ellensburg Film Festival prefers online entries submitted via Withoutabox.com, which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. Withoutabox’s internet-only submission platform features online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, and press kits. Take advantage of quick entry, extended deadlines, and powerful submission management tools. There’s no extra cost to you, and by submitting, you’ll join Withoutabox’s global filmmaker community and stay in the loop about international exhibition opportunities. Film festival submissions have never been easier!
- Best of Fest – $400
- Best Feature – $200
- Best Documentary – $200
- Best Short Subject – $200
- Best Film Made in Washington State – $500
* EFF reserves the right to add, alter or eliminate categories based on the availability of qualified entries. Solicited films that charge the festival a screening fee are eligible for the award but forfeit the cash prize.
In evaluating film festival submissions, the EFF will take into account the following:Does the film . . .
- demonstrate a firm competence of technical skill?
- demonstrate excellence in artistry and creativity?
- present an original or unique idea, even if it is introduced within a familiar context?
The EFF will not reject films based on explicit content; however, we will not consider ANY work that is sexually exploitative or pornographic in nature.
Film Festival Submissions
- Films submitted to the festival must be available for exhibition for the duration of the festival, October 3-5, 2014.
- If submitting on consumer-burned DVD, please test your submission copy on multiple players before sending it to our offices. If in doubt, send a VHS copy as back up. A DVD that is not readily viewable can significantly delay the completion of your submission.
- Make sure your full name, film title, and WAB entry # are clearly marked on both your submission media and its case/cover.
- Make sure you fully comply with all applicable legal criteria regarding copyrights, including soundtrack licensing, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: CAN I SUBMIT MY FILM AS A "ROUGH CUT"?
Q: CAN I ARRANGE A SCREENING FOR YOU OF MY FILM PRINT?
A: No. We only screen submissions in DVD or VHS format.
Q: HOW MANY FILMS CAN I SUBMIT?
A: As many as you like. However, each submitted film must have its own VHS tape or DVD, completed Submission Form, Entry Fee, and Supplemental Materials. DO NOT put multiple projects on the same screening tape or DVD.
Q: WHEN WILL YOU NOTIFY ME THAT MY FILM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED.
A: Notification of Acceptance will be made in writing on a rolling basis. All notifications will be made no later than September 1st, 2013. Accepted films will receive both e-mail and paper copies confirming their acceptance. Declined films will only be notified through e-mail.
Q: IF MY FILM IS NOT CHOSEN, MAY I SPEAK WITH A JUROR FOR NOTES OR FEEDBACK.
Q: CAN I GET A REFUND ON THE APPLICATION FEE?
A: No. The application fee is non-refundable.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org